viernes, 11 de enero de 2013

Music tagging issues: Tame Impala's sound

I love Spotify and the main reason is because through it, I can discover new artists that I can start adoring. Actually, it happens to me all the time. A few weeks ago, I found out a band that I have never heard of. I googled its name and I reached their official web page (in order to know more about them). My surprise arrived when, reading a wonderful 'About', they described themselves as a psychedelic hypno-groove melodic rock band. My poker face was kind of epic at that point.

I do not like tagging. I hate tagging, in fact, And this is why. Tags are useless and totally confusing.  Tame Impala is a great band. From Perth (Australia), like many other cool bands that cool kids listen to. I'd describer their sound like kind of The Beatles in their last stage -when they were getting a more psychedelic vibe, like in Tomorrow Never Knows- but without sitar and more electronic rythms. Gotta say that the fact that the leading singer has a really McCartney-ish  voice helps to make this association. 

Elephant is the song that made me give them a chance. Lonerism is the album that made me believe in them. They have a new fan. I hope they don't screw it up with the albums to come.

P.S.: Please, dear bands, avoid tagging yourselves. It is not necessary at all.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario